We care and respect your privacy. Your privacy is protected.
Canada One Travel Company, Inc. (along with its subsidiaries myGDS.com, Canada One Vacations and Canada One Travel Planners) respects your right to privacy. We believe in giving you full disclosure about the kind of information we gather and what we do with it. Your name, email address, zip code and any other identifying information that you give us will not be given to anyone else outside of our office for their use of communications unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. At all times, you have the option to remove yourself from our lists before your information is disclosed.
- identifiable personal information
- anonymous/aggregated information
- purpose, collection and control of your personal information
- legal obligations security (use, safeguards, disclosure and retention)
- request for individual access and PIPEDA compliance challenge (contact us)
2. Identifiable Personal Information
This is information you may have given us about who you are, such as:
- name, mailing address, email address, phone and fax
- demographic information (such as age and education)
- member login user name and password to Canada One secured website and Rewards Program
- your interests and preferences
- transactional information (such as history of your purchases or the fact that your name and address was obtained by us on our contest entry)
- other personal information pertinent to specific purpose such as China Visa application
- credit information and verification for transactional purposes
3. Identifying Purposes
This information is gathered for several reasons including:
- completing your air, hotel, car bookings, and itineraries
- Visa application (such as China)
- communicating with you about changes to your travel plans, service updates
- providing the product, information or service you requested
- membership participation to Canada One secured website, and membership participation to Canada One Rewards program.
4. Limiting Collection
We do not collect personal information from bulletin boards or forums. Your personal information is supplied to us through your direct disclosure to Canada One and partners when making air, hotel, tour package bookings; subscribing to Canada One Membership and/or Canada One Rewards Program.
5. Your consent and accuracy
6. Limiting use and retention of your personal information
- Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options - NOT for any marketing purposes.
- Your will not be spammed. When you sign up to subscribe to a Canada One membership, you will only receive email messages from Canada One Travel. You will have the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out of our service provider communication broadcasts. At all times, you will have control over the type of information you want and don't want to receive.
- You will be able to get off our mailing lists (unsubscribe) at any time, no questions asked. Our e-mail communication will always include an identification of the sender and an "Unsubscribe" option for you to automatically remove from our list or lists.
- We keep your information for the time we are providing you with a product or service and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service with us.
7. Anonymous/Aggregated Information
This is information that cannot identify you personally, such as browser information (i.e. the URL of the web page you were just on, the IP address of the computer you are using, your domain type, and your browser version) and cookies.
During your visit to our sites, we may record choices you have made and use this to provide more customized content or advertising. The data does not identify you and is not retained after your visit. This is sometimes called "clickstream" data.
If we do market research studies or polls in any area that will only be reported in aggregate, this will be indicated. We may develop summary reports for advertisers based on total number of visitors to our sites, average length of visit, etc. No identifying data about individuals will be reported.
8. Security & Safeguards
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security measures are periodically reviewed and enhanced with technological advances.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Credit card information is processed using industry-standard encryption and security.
Only authorized individuals and suppliers have access to customer information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all customer information is kept secure.
9. Legal Obligations
It is our and all organizations legal obligations to be in compliance to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (or "PIPEDA"). Although it is highly unlikely, we may be required by law to provide information to law enforcement or judicial authorities in certain cases.
10. Individual Access
Canada One Travel Company, Inc. believes in giving our customers full disclosure about the kind of information we gather and what we do with it. Your request in respect to the existence, disclosure and accuracy of you personal information in our system will be formally addressed.
You may contact us in any one of the following ways:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please type "Privacy Request" on the subject line)
or regular mail to:
Canada One Travel Company, Inc.
1365 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
From time to time, we may update our privacy statement without notification.
Canada One Travel Company, Inc. is a 100% Canadian owned company.
Last updated: January 1, 2013